Monday, February 20, 2006

Fox guarding the henhouse


I keep trying to give the Bush administration the benefit of the doubt and they keep letting me down. This time I think they've really lost their minds.

The Committe on Foreign Investment has approved the sale of Peninsular and Oriental Steam Navigation Company which runs 6 of our country's major ports to Dubai Ports World of the United Arab Emirates. Read about it here.

So let me get this straight. We're going to let an Arab country be in charge of security for 6 major U.S. ports? What are they thinking. Isn't there supposed to be some sort of War on Terror going on? A huge threat to American security? Talk about rolling out the red carpet for terrorists.

What's next? Hiring an Iranian company to dispose of our spent nuclear fuel rods? Hugo Chavez to head our War On Drugs?

I think I'd better get started on that bomb shelter in the backyard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home